Bridgewater School Worsley
Redesigning and Revitalizing Bridgewater School: A Case Study
- Client: Bridgewater School, a private school in Worsley, Manchester.
- Objective: To enhance user experience, improve accessibility, and implement modern design elements to boost engagement and conversion rates.
- Bridgewater School connects teachers with parents and students through the website, offering virtual tours, registration, and school advice
- Outdated UI/UX design leading to poor user engagement.
- Limited accessibility features for diverse user groups.
- Need for a responsive and mobile-friendly design.
- Integration of new features for a seamless user experience.
- Interviews: Conducted in-depth interviews with key stakeholders to understand pain points, business goals, and vision for the platform.
- User Research: Analyzed user feedback, conducted surveys, and performed competitor analysis to identify areas for improvement.
- Persona Development: Created user personas based on demographics, behaviors, and pain points to inform design decisions.
- Information Architecture: Redefined site structure and navigation for intuitive user journeys.
- Accessibility: Prioritized WCAG 2.0 compliance for improved accessibility.
- Wireframing: Developed wireframes for desktop and mobile interfaces to establish layout and functionality.
- Visual Design: Introduced a clean, modern, and visually appealing design language while maintaining brand identity.
- Prototyping: Created interactive prototypes for user testing and feedback.
Outdated, unused and not mobile friendly
The old website had a basic wordpress theme which wasnt updated, mobile-first or interactive
- Responsive Design: Ensured cross-device compatibility and optimized for mobile platforms.
- Integration of Features: Implemented video consultation, secure messaging, and prescription management.
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT): Conducted rigorous testing with real users to validate functionality, identify bugs, and gather feedback.
- Cross-Browser Testing: Ensured consistent performance across major browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge).
- Staging Environment: Deployed the redesigned website to a staging server for final testing.
- Migration: Transferred the updated site to the production server.
- Monitoring and Analytics: Set up tracking tools (Google Analytics) to monitor user behavior, traffic patterns, and conversion rates.
- Feedback Loop: Established a feedback mechanism to capture user insights for ongoing improvements.
- Improved User Engagement: Average session duration increased by 35%.
- Increased Conversion Rates: Conversion rate for consultations rose by 20%.
- Enhanced Accessibility: Achieved WCAG 2.0 AA compliance, leading to broader user reach.
- The redesign of Bridgewater Schools’ website has successfully addressed the initial challenges and resulted in a more engaging, accessible, and interactive-driven platform. The project showcases the impact of user-centered design principles and modern development techniques in creating a positive online experience for both parents and students.
- Iterative Design: Continuous feedback loops and testing are crucial for refining user experience.
- Accessibility First: Prioritizing accessibility features from the outset leads to a more inclusive platform.
Recommendations for Future Enhancements:
- Implement AI-powered chatbots for instant support.
- Explore site integration with a new app for a closer connection to students and parents.
By following a comprehensive design and development process, the Bridgewater School platform has been revitalized to better serve its users and meet the demands of a rapidly evolving telemedicine landscape.
Bridgewater School Worsley
Bridgewater School in Worsley Manchester needed a current, stylish, and interactive website for their parents and students. The old website took a long time to change even the simplest updates and performance made the site’s bounce rate high due to load time. The school had various ideas to drive the website forward and become seamless with the school’s brand.
We work closely with Bridgewater on new and exciting website developments, COVID changed a lot of industries’ view about taking everything online and Bridgewater took the chance on Virtual tours, integrated chat features plus loads more and its worked perfectly for Teachers, Students and parents.
Full-width headers with the ease of editing and updating within minutes are added to each page as an option of a smaller header for non-key pages. Fully responsive across all devices and browser versions for a fluid look and feel no matter where you view the website. The core structure of the site index changed to enable a flow across the website without damaging the current SEO – This increases time on the website and no dead ends for a better user experience. Over the past 2 years, we have supported Bridgewater school with various updates and landing pages, most recently the virtual tour section with a new Gallery function, interactive map, and videos.
Bridgewater School has a great heritage but the online website lacked interaction and design. We took the basic HTML website which required a developer to update and build a custom-themed WordPress website with the flexibility for the staff to update their sections with ease.
We continue to work with Bridgewater school and recently built an online virtual tour and added interactive features for staff to communicate with pupils and parents.